|2 CD-Set! Live!! Wow! Was für eine Show! Fantastisches Doppel-Album von der 20. Ausgabe der legendären "Volunteer Jam", die am 7. März 2018 in der Bridgestone Arena von Nashville/TN statt fand. Ein Fest zu Ehren von Charlie Daniels und der Charlie Daniels Band und ein Fest für alle Freunde des Southern Rocks und des southernrockingen Country. Was für ein tolles Line-Up mit tollen Performances. Ein paar Beispiele: Blackberry Smoke spielen "Trudy", Brent Cobb bringt sein "Sweet Louisiana", Countrystar Justin Moore spielt ein herrliches "Simple man", Devon Allman & Duane Betts spielen zusammen mit Chuck Leavell "Blue sky" und "Midnight rider" von The Allman Brothers Band und zum Ende haut die Charlie Daniels Band "Tennessee fiddlin' man" und das legendäre "The devil went down to Georgia" raus - u.s.w., u.s.w.! Eine Hammer-Nacht, festgehalten auf dieser grandiosen Live Doppel-CD!
Hier noch ein Original U.S.-Review:
The Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Tennessee was the setting for the Volunteer Jam xx : A Tribute to Charlie Daniels concert March 7, 2018. It was a cold day but the arena was packed early for the 7pm start time for the show.which ran from 7pm til 11pm. Storme Warren was the Host again for this star studded event. First up was southern rockers Blackberry Smoke who did an amazing rendition of Charlie Daniels song ” Trudy”.
Next was The Oak Ridge Boys who got the crowd on their feet. Then came Bobby Bare, Sara Evans, Justin Moore, The Steep Canyon Rangers, Lee Brice, Brent Cobb, Chris Janson, Chuck Levall. Don Was ,Tucker Yocham all made apperances during the night. The crowd again jumped on their feet when Eddie Montgomery of Montgomery Gentry Hit the stage and sang ” My Town”. Duane Betts and Devon Allman were next and did a wonderful job. Jamey Johnson did play backup guitar and sing backup with alot of people but he did get to play and sing for the crowd and did the Charlie Daniels classic song ” Long Haired Country Boy” . Then the audience got to take a 15 minute break while they set up for the second half of the show.
Kicking it off after the break was southern rock legends Lynyrd Skynyrd. they had the crowd on their feet going wild. Travis Tritt was next and did a few songs including his song ” Its A Great Day To Be Alive” Chris Young sang next and then Ricky Scaggs. Allison Krauss was next and was joined on stage by Ricky Scaggs , Jamey Johnson and a few others who “Took Bridgestone to church” as Storme Warren said by singing the gospel song “Blessed Assurance”.
Allison sounds just like an angel. It was a very moving part of the show . Following her was Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. Who got the crowd on their feet . Billy also sang a song just for Charlie a Merle Haggard tune along with some ZZ Top songs. Country Icons Alabama was up next and the crowd loved them singing along with singer Randy Owens . Then at the end of their set confetti flew all over the stage and crowd making it a wonderful moment. Then Charlie Daniels and the boys hit the stage next! Comedian Ron White , was in the audience along with Randy Travis, Glen Campbell’s wife and son Travis. and Glens son Travis(along with others) presented Charlie with the Tennessee National Guard Minute Man Award.
Now it would not been called the Volunteer Jam without a Big Jam at the end of the show! which was Awesome! Charlie was joined on stage by lots of his friends and he was grinning from ear to ear! everyone had a great time. (Angela Richardson-Newman / Music Matters Magazine)
Die komplette Setlist:
1. Trudy - by Blackberry Smoke - 4:45
2. Brand New Star - by Oak Ridge Boys - 2:40
3. Sweet Louisiana - by Brent Cobb - 4:33
4. Evangeline - by Sara Evans - 3:34
5. Simple Man - by Justin Moore - 3:18
6. (What This World Needs Is) A Few More Rednecks - by Chris Janson - 4:21
7. Texas - by The Steep Canyon Rangers - 3:40
8. My Town - by Eddie Montgomery - 5:09
9. The Legend Of Wooley Swamp - by Lee Brice - 4:35
10. Blue Sky - by Devon Allman & Duane Betts & Chuck Leavell - 5:29
11. Midnight Rider - by Devon Allman & Duane Betts & Chuck Leavell - 4:34
1. Sweet Home Alabama - by Lynyrd Skynyrd - 6:17
2. Modern Day Bonnie & Clyde - by Travis Tritt - 4:16
3. Its A Great Day To Be Alive - by Travis Tritt - 4:13
4. Drinkin My Baby Goodbye - by Chris Young - 3:45
5. We Had It All One Time - by Ricky Skaggs - 4:39
6. La Grange - by Billy F Gibbons - 5:25
7. The South's Gonna Do It Again - by Alabama - 3:40
8. Mountain Music - by Alabama - 4:35
9. Tennessee Fiddlin' Man - by Charlie Daniels & The Charlie Daniels Band - 4:09
10. The Devil Went Down To Georgia - by Charlie Daniels & The Charlie Daniels Band - 4:57
11. One Way Out - by Steep Canyon Rangers & Devon Allman & Blackberry Smoke & Oak Ridge Boys & Charlie Daniels & The Charlie Daniels Band & Alabama & Duane Betts & Billy F Gibbons - 9:29